The Eagle Center for Creativity and Innovation [TECCI]
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE
Founded in 2015, The Eagle Center for Creativity and Innovation (TECCI)® at Alta Loma Christian School focuses on providing unique learning opportunities for students in the arts and sciences, in the context of a Christian worldview. This includes initiating and hosting innovative programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM); Applied Mathematics, Science, and Engineering (AMSE); and curricular and co-curricular learning in fine and performing arts, such as music education, worship, and performance. TECCI is designed to help our students acquire 21st century skills and a 1st century faith at ALCS.
TECCI (which rhymes with “trekkie”) currently conducts the following programs:
- STEM Rocketry, Grades 1-3; in partnership with the National Association of Rocketry and Estes® Educator
- STEM Quest for Space International Space Station (Q4S ISS) Program, Level 1, Grades 4-5; in partnership with the Quest Institute, Microsoft®, NASA, and Lego® Education
- STEM Quest for Space International Space Station (Q4S ISS) Program, Level 2, Grades 6-8; in partnership with the Quest Institute, Microsoft®, NASA, and Lego® Education
Fine and Performing Arts
- Meet the Masters® art education
- Music education, worship, and performance
TECCI currently features the following facilities at ALCS:
- Space Science and Engineering Lab (Room 18)
- Robotics Engineering Lab (Room 18)
- Arts and Sciences (Room 17B, Room 18)
- Music (Room 17B)
- Cooperative partnership with the Computer Science and Technology Lab (Room 14)
ENVISIONING THE FUTURE
TECCI program expansion is hoped for in the future, depending upon student interest and resource development. Once current programs are sustainably secure, envisioned programs might include: STEM Meteorology (ThunderBirds®) with the WeatherBug National Meteorological Program and Los Angeles CBS affiliate Channel 2; Screen arts and video/film production (EAGLEWORKS PICTURES®); Broadcast journalism/TV/radio (EAGLE7 EYEWITNESS NEWS®); Student authors club (ImagineEagles®); Sacred dance; Instrumental music; expanding the robotics component of SpaceEagles into EagleBOTS; and/or similar endeavors in arts and sciences.
If you or your business would consider sponsoring TECCI or one of its current or envisioned programs, please contact either Dr. Vance Nichols, ALCS Head of School, or Mrs. Laura Jedlick, ALCS Director of Business Operations and Student Services. Your tax-deductible sponsorship could be the key factor in creating a new and innovative 21st century opportunity for our children. If your student is interested in joining a TECCI program, please contact Mrs. Betty Mutchler, ALCS Administrative Assistant, to check availability or to place your student on the appropriate waiting list. All ALCS contacts may be reached at (909) 989-2804. Thank you for your consideration.