Student Illness Policy
It is our goal at Alta Loma Christian School to do our best to keep our school healthy. We have established the following guidelines for our school.
If a child is visibly ill in the morning, he/she should remain home with the parent. If a child becomes ill while at school, the parent or guardian will be contacted and expected to pick up their child as soon as possible.
A student may return to school when he/she has:
- Been fever-free for twenty-four hours without the use of fever reducing medication
- Been free of vomiting and/or diarrhea for twenty-four hours
- Been on antibiotics for at least twenty-four hours for any type of strep or bacterial infection.
A student should remain at home if he/she has the following symptoms:
- A temperature over 100 degrees
- Diarrhea or vomiting in the past twenty-four hours
- A sore throat with fever or spots
- Thick, yellow or green nasal secretions accompanied with a fever
- Cough accompanied by a temperature over 100 degrees
- Eye drainage, redness or puffiness that reappears after cleaning
- Unusual rashes
If your student will be out, please notify the office in the morning via email or phone call, or leave a message on our website on our Report an Absence page. In some instances, a doctor’s note may be requested for your student to return to class.